Search engine optimization is a very necessary task for every restaurant owner to complete. While there's really no way to cover everything about it in a few pages, the following tips should get you through the initial hurdles of finding proper placement in the results of Google, Bing, and other standardized search engines.
Your top priority here should be to rank first in the listings for your business name, then also for a few choice regionally-based keyword sets ("portland hot dogs" or "sushi kalamazoo").
You can get started by reading these articles:
- Choosing a Good Domain Name for Your Restaurant
- Picking and Sticking with Keywords
- Writing a Solid Home Page
- Having Relevant Titles and Meta Descriptions
- Linking in from External Websites
If you have any questions, feel free to email support.